CRUISE (Context Recognition, Urban Sensing and Intelligence) research group, led by Dr. Salim, meets weekly to discuss research ideas and papers in A*/A journal and conferences in ubiquitous computing, data mining, spatio-temporal and time-series data analysis, knowledge discovery, machine learning,
News Flora is co-leading the new Microsoft RMIT Cortana Intelligence Institute. Flora is a TPC Co-Chair of PerCom 2018 (A* ranked). PerCom 2018 Call for Papers. Flora is one of the Investigators of the iMove CRC, a new 55-million dollar Cooperative Research
Up to Four PhD scholarships and a Visiting Research Fellow / Student position is available! Visiting Research Fellow/Student in Trajectory Data Mining A 3-4 month visiting fellow position is available for an excellent postdoc/PhD student in trajectory data mining. The
Members and Affiliates
- Amin Sadri – Mining human mobility patterns
- Wei Shao – Spatio temporal clustering and prediction for urban intelligence
- Irvan Bastian Arief – Indoor occupancy prediction with ambient sensors
- Mohammad Saiedur Rahaman – Context-aware analysis and modelling of trips
- Jonathan Liono – Multi-context multi-activity recognition from sensor streams
- Hui Song – Evolutionary learning for electricity consumption prediction
- Shakila Khan Rumi – Analysis and prediction of crime and urban dynamics
- Flora Salim, Senior Lecturer
- Dr. Yongli Ren, Lecturer
- Dr. Thuong Nguyen (postdoc), now Research Fellow at CSIRO.
- Manpreet Kaur (Masters of Computer Science, Minor Thesis), now at Tableau Software, US.
- Erica Rosalina (CS Honours student), now Software Engineer at Trunk Platform.
- Dr. Yi Mei (Research Fellow), now Lecturer at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Dr. Chin Koi Khoo (postdoc), now Lecturer at Deakin University
Visitors hosted by CRUISE
- Jan R. Benetka, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)(visiting PhD, Sep-Dec 2017)
- A/Prof Tanzima Hashem, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET)(visiting Research Fellow, Aug-Sep 2017)
- Dr. Jorge Wicker, Research Associate, Data Mining Group, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz (visiting postdoc, April 2016)
- Prof Moustafa Youssef , ACM Distinguished Scientist, Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (ACM Distinguished Lecture, March 2016)
- Dr. Dario Pompili, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rutgers University (CSIT seminar, March 2016).
- Dr. Peizhao Hu, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Rochester Institute of Technology (visiting researcher, March 2016).
- Dr. David Purdy, Data Science Manager, Uber Research, San Francisco (CSIT Seminar, Aug 2015)
- Dr. Zahraa Abdallah, Postdoc at Monash University (visiting postdoc, Aug-Dec 2015).
- Dr. Guangyan Huang, Senior Lecturer in the School of Information Technology, Deakin University (CSIT seminar, May 2015).
- Dr. Daniel Dahlmeier, Research Team Lead, SAP Research and Innovation, Singapore (CSIT seminar, April 2015).
- Dr. Shonali Krishnaswamy, Head of Data Analytics, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), A*STAR, Singapore (CSIT seminar, March 2015).
- Dr. Leonidas Anthopoulos, Associate Professor, University of Applied Science (TEI) of Thessaly (December 2014)
Featured projects: (1) Integrated Smart Airport Services, an ARC Linkage partnered with ARUP. (2) Spatio-temporal Data Analytics for Situation Awareness in Airport Operations, an industry research funded by Northrop Grumman Corporation US & Australia. (3) iCommunity: Indoor Smart Campus Monitoring, funded by RMIT Siemens Sustainable Urban Precinct Project