CRUISE (Context Recognition, Urban Sensing and Intelligence) research group, led by Dr. Salim, meets weekly to discuss research ideas and papers in A*/A journal and conferences in ubiquitous computing, data mining, spatio-temporal and time-series data analysis, knowledge discovery, machine learning,
Rahaman, M. S., Mei, Y., Hamilton, M., Salim, F. D. 2017, ‘CAPRA: A contour-based accessible path routing algorithm’, in Information Sciences, Elsevier, Volumes 385–386, April 2017, Pages 157–173. Information Sciences Impact Factor is 3.364, an A* journal. Congratulations Saiedur!
PhD scholarship available for up to two outstanding PhD candidates at the Computer Science and Information Technology, School of Science, at RMIT University, Melbourne for 3 years. It is a fully-funded PhD research to work in an Australian Research Council
Members and Affiliates
Current PhD Students:
* Amin Sadri – Mining human mobility patterns
* Wei Shao – Spatio temporal clustering and prediction for urban intelligence
* Irvan Bastian Arief – Indoor occupancy prediction with ambient sensors
* Mohammad Saiedur Rahaman – Context-aware analysis and modelling of trips
* Jonathan Liono – Multi-context multi-activity recognition from sensor streams
* Hui Song – Evolutionary learning for electricity consumption prediction
* Shakila Khan Rumi – Analysis and prediction of crime and urban dynamics
* Dr. Yongli Ren, Lecturer
* Dr. Thuong Nguyen (postdoc), now Research Fellow at CSIRO.
* Manpreet Kaur (Masters of Computer Science, Minor Thesis), now at Tableau Software, US.
* Erica Rosalina (CS Honours student), now Software Engineer at Trunk Platform.
* Dr. Yi Mei (Research Fellow), now Lecturer at Victoria University of Wellington.
* Dr. Chin Koi Khoo (postdoc), now Lecturer at Deakin University
Visitors hosted by CRUISE
* Dr. Jorge Wicker, Research Associate, Data Mining Group, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz (visiting postdoc, April 2016)
* Prof Moustafa Youssef , ACM Distinguished Scientist, Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (ACM Distinguished Lecture, March 2016)
* Dr. Dario Pompili, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rutgers University (CSIT seminar, March 2016).
* Dr. Peizhao Hu, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Rochester Institute of Technology (visiting researcher, March 2016).
* Dr. David Purdy, Data Science Manager, Uber Research, San Francisco (CSIT Seminar, Aug 2015)
* Dr. Zahraa Abdallah, Postdoc at Monash University (visiting postdoc, Aug-Dec 2015).
* Dr. Guangyan Huang, Senior Lecturer in the School of Information Technology, Deakin University (CSIT seminar, May 2015).
* Dr. Daniel Dahlmeier, Research Team Lead, SAP Research and Innovation, Singapore (CSIT seminar, April 2015).
* Dr. Shonali Krishnaswamy, Head of Data Analytics, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), A*STAR, Singapore (CSIT seminar, March 2015).
* Dr. Leonidas Anthopoulos, Associate Professor, University of Applied Science (TEI) of Thessaly (December 2014).
Featured projects: (1) Integrated Smart Airport Services, an ARC Linkage partnered with ARUP. (2) Spatio-temporal Data Analytics for Situation Awareness in Airport Operations, an industry research funded by Northrop Grumman Corporation US & Australia. (3) iCommunity: Indoor Smart Campus Monitoring, funded by RMIT Siemens Sustainable Urban Precinct Project