CRUISE (Context Recognition, Urban Sensing and Intelligence) research group, led by Dr. Salim, meets weekly to discuss research ideas and papers in A*/A journal and conferences in ubiquitous computing, data mining, spatio-temporal and time-series data analysis, knowledge discovery, machine learning,
News Flora recently joins the Editorial board of the PACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (IMWUT), the journal publication of Ubicomp, as an Associate Editor. She is a new Area Editor for Pervasive and Mobile Computing. Flora is co-leading
Up to Four PhD scholarships, Visiting Research Fellow / Student, and a Postdoc position are available! Research Postdoc in Microsoft-RMIT Cortana Intelligence Institute A postdoc position available in the new Microsoft RMIT Cortana Intelligence Institute. If you have strong track record in
Members and Affiliates
- Amin Sadri – Mining human mobility patterns
- Wei Shao – Spatio temporal clustering and prediction for urban intelligence
- Irvan Bastian Arief – Indoor occupancy prediction with ambient sensors
- Mohammad Saiedur Rahaman – Context-aware analysis and modelling of trips
- Jonathan Liono – Multi-context multi-activity recognition from sensor streams
- Hui Song – Evolutionary learning for electricity consumption prediction
- Shakila Khan Rumi – Analysis and prediction of crime and urban dynamics
- Flora Salim, Senior Lecturer
- Dr. Yongli Ren, Lecturer
- Dr. Thuong Nguyen (postdoc), now Research Fellow at CSIRO.
- Manpreet Kaur (Masters of Computer Science, Minor Thesis), now at Tableau Software, US.
- Erica Rosalina (CS Honours student), now Software Engineer at Trunk Platform.
- Dr. Yi Mei (Research Fellow), now Lecturer at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Dr. Chin Koi Khoo (postdoc), now Lecturer at Deakin University
Visitors hosted by CRUISE
- Jan R. Benetka, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)(visiting PhD, Sep-Dec 2017)
- A/Prof Tanzima Hashem, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET)(visiting Research Fellow, Aug-Sep 2017)
- Dr. Jorge Wicker, Research Associate, Data Mining Group, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz (visiting postdoc, April 2016)
- Prof Moustafa Youssef , ACM Distinguished Scientist, Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (ACM Distinguished Lecture, March 2016)
- Dr. Dario Pompili, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rutgers University (CSIT seminar, March 2016).
- Dr. Peizhao Hu, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Rochester Institute of Technology (visiting researcher, March 2016).
- Dr. David Purdy, Data Science Manager, Uber Research, San Francisco (CSIT Seminar, Aug 2015)
- Dr. Zahraa Abdallah, Postdoc at Monash University (visiting postdoc, Aug-Dec 2015).
- Dr. Guangyan Huang, Senior Lecturer in the School of Information Technology, Deakin University (CSIT seminar, May 2015).
- Dr. Daniel Dahlmeier, Research Team Lead, SAP Research and Innovation, Singapore (CSIT seminar, April 2015).
- Dr. Shonali Krishnaswamy, Head of Data Analytics, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), A*STAR, Singapore (CSIT seminar, March 2015).
- Dr. Leonidas Anthopoulos, Associate Professor, University of Applied Science (TEI) of Thessaly (December 2014)
Featured projects: (1) Integrated Smart Airport Services, an ARC Linkage partnered with ARUP. (2) Spatio-temporal Data Analytics for Situation Awareness in Airport Operations, an industry research funded by Northrop Grumman Corporation US & Australia. (3) iCommunity: Indoor Smart Campus Monitoring, funded by RMIT Siemens Sustainable Urban Precinct Project