CRUISE (Context Recognition, Urban Sensing and Intelligence) research group, led by Dr. Salim, works on advancing the state-of-the-art fundamental and applied research in human mobility, activity, and behaviour modelling and optimisation with time-series and spatio-temporal data. Members include current PhD
Flora is the TPC Co-Chair of UbiComp 2020. Flora is on research (sabbatical) leave as a Humboldt-Bayer Fellow at University of Kassel, Germany.
Research Fellow / Postdoc, PhD, Visiting Student, positions available! Research Postdoc in ARC Discovery — Machine learning, recommender system, intelligent assistant * Full time – 2-3 years Fixed term/Contract * $96,564 – $114,672 + 17% super, flexible working arrangements on offer.
Members and Affiliates
- Nan Gao -- Occupant Engagement Behaviour Modelling with Physical Movement and Physiological Data
- Kai Qin -- Spatio-temporal Graph Alignment and Optimisation
- Ali Hamdi Ali -- Situation Tracking with Drones
- Shohreh Deldari -- Efficient Temporal Segmentation of Multivariate Time-Series
- Arian Prabowo -- Spatio-Temporal Deep Learning of Trajectories
- Phillip Luong -- Urban Situation Awareness for Event and Emergency Response
- Sichen Zhao -- Generative and Explainable Spatio-Temporal Deep Learners
- Yonchanok Khaokaew -- Scalable and Transferable Occupant Behaviour Models
- Dr. Wei Shao (Former PhD student –- Learning spatiotemporal patterns for monitoring smart cities and infrastructure
- Dr. Mohammad Saiedur Rahaman (Former PhD student –– Context-aware analysis and modelling of trips)
- Dr. Hui Song (Former PhD student -– Evolutionary learning for electricity consumption prediction)
- Flora Salim, Associate Professor
- Dr. Yongli Ren, Senior Lecturer
Former Students and Postdocs:
- Dr. Amin Sadri (Former PhD student –- Mining human mobility patterns), now Senior Data Scientist at ANZ, Australia
- Dr. Irvan Bastian Arief (Former PhD student –- Building Utilisation Analytics: Human Occupancy Counting and Thermal Comfort Prediction with Ambient Sensing), now Head of Research Scientist at Tokopedia, Indonesia
- Dr. Jonathan Liono (Former PhD student –- Multi-context multi-activity recognition from sensor streams), now Senior Data Scientist at AIDA, Singapore
- Shakila Khan Rumi (Former PhD student –- Analysis and prediction of crime and urban dynamics), now Intern at Royal Australian Airforce
- Xianjing Wang (Former PhD student -- Spatio-temporal POI recommendation), now Senior Analyst at ANZ
- Dr. Thuong Nguyen (Former postdoc), now Research Fellow at CSIRO.
- Manpreet Kaur (Former Masters of Computer Science, Minor Thesis), now at Tableau Software, USA.
- Erica Rosalina (Former CS Honours student), now Software Engineer at Trunk Platform.
- Dr. Yi Mei (Former Research Fellow), now Senior Lecturer at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Dr. Chin Koi Khoo (Former postdoc), now Lecturer at Deakin University
Visitors hosted by CRUISE
- Jan R. Benetka, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)(visiting PhD, Sep-Dec 2017)
- A/Prof Tanzima Hashem, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET)(visiting Research Fellow, Aug-Sep 2017)
- Dr. Jorge Wicker, Research Associate, Data Mining Group, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz (visiting postdoc, April 2016)
- Prof Moustafa Youssef , ACM Distinguished Scientist, Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (ACM Distinguished Lecture, March 2016)
- Dr. Dario Pompili, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rutgers University (CSIT seminar, March 2016).
- Dr. Peizhao Hu, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Rochester Institute of Technology (visiting researcher, March 2016).
- Dr. David Purdy, Data Science Manager, Uber Research, San Francisco (CSIT Seminar, Aug 2015)
- Dr. Zahraa Abdallah, Postdoc at Monash University (visiting postdoc, Aug-Dec 2015).
- Dr. Guangyan Huang, Senior Lecturer in the School of Information Technology, Deakin University (CSIT seminar, May 2015).
- Dr. Daniel Dahlmeier, Research Team Lead, SAP Research and Innovation, Singapore (CSIT seminar, April 2015).
- Dr. Shonali Krishnaswamy, Head of Data Analytics, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), A*STAR, Singapore (CSIT seminar, March 2015).
- Dr. Leonidas Anthopoulos, Associate Professor, University of Applied Science (TEI) of Thessaly (December 2014)
Featured projects: (1) Integrated Smart Airport Services, an ARC Linkage partnered with ARUP. (2) Spatio-temporal Data Analytics for Situation Awareness in Airport Operations, an industry research funded by Northrop Grumman Corporation US & Australia. (3) iCommunity: Indoor Smart Campus Monitoring, funded by RMIT Siemens Sustainable Urban Precinct Project